RE: Cross-Platform migration (10g)

From: Goulet, Richard <>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2009 11:01:49 -0500

    You've not only got the Operating system migration, but a 32 vs 64 bit migration as well. I think that exp/imp is your only option.

Dick Goulet
Senior Oracle DBA/NA Team Lead
PAREXEL International

[] On Behalf Of Roger Xu Sent: Friday, December 11, 2009 10:51 AM To:
Subject: Cross-Platform migration (10g)

Hi List,

I need to move a database from Windows to HP-UX. What are my options besides exp/imp (datapump)?

Little Endian - Microsoft Windows IA (32-bit) Oracle Database 10g Enterprise Edition Release

Big Endian - HP-UX IA (64-bit)
Oracle Database 10g Enterprise Edition Release

I think I could tranport user tablespace but not the entire database.

Roger Xu