Restoring a 64 bit database to a 32 bit server

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2009 13:50:21 -0800

Some of you may recall this thread where I was trying to restore and recover a
64 bit database to a 32 bit server:
http://www.freelists.org/post/oracle-l/Restoring-64-bit-database-to-32-bit-Server

It just plain didn't work, at least with those versions.

It was documented to work, but it didn't

Today I had occasion to do much the same thing. The difference is that now rather than 9.2.0.7 database, it is a 10.2.0.4 database.

Worked perfectly using RMAN DUPLICATE.

MOS Doc 62290.1 has instructions for recompiling PL/SQL.

Just thought it would be nice to document it here for posterity. :)

Jared Still
Certifiable Oracle DBA and Part Time Perl Evangelist Oracle Blog: http://jkstill.blogspot.com Home Page: http://jaredstill.com

32bit 64bit oracle rman restore duplicate convert