[OFF TOPIC] College Degree

From: Guillermo Alan Bort <cicciuxdba_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2009 18:40:19 -0300

Well, I've been doing a little soul searching, I've been studying computer engineering for a few years now.
I don't like programming, I don't like project management... and that's about all they teach over here in comp eng....

So... my question to you is, what is your degree (if any) and what is your opinion on college degrees and real life work.

I've been working with Oracle for a few years (4 or 5) and I've come to know it a little, I got a good job as a DBA, but I don't really like the 'regular' careers that are usually associated with Systems Administrations... so... if I got, say, a degree in mathematics or physics... how would it affect my work-life?

thanks for your input.
cheers.
Alan.-