Re: [OFF TOPIC] College Degree

From: Waldirio Manhães Pinheiro <waldirio_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2009 10:28:00 -0200

   Good Morning

  This is a good point., I'm tech in data processing and bachelor in computer science, I'm work in IT area since 99 and I really love it. In nowadays, I think about change my focus, for example, a new job in other area, because what I know about IT will help me a lot in any area, independent if the company work directly with IT or not.

  I thought start my master degree in IT, although I thought better (I'm married, 2 children, my job is 100KM for my home, so .. in average 3 hours every day to arrive / back from job), and to do the master will be necessary study every weekend to get the master ... I don't want spend time for it .., not yet.

  About my skill, I work as System Admin (Unix, Linux, MS products), about database (Oracle, MySQL, PostGre "starting to learn ..."), about development (C, Shell "ksh, bash, csh ...", PHP).

  In my point of view, the University (degree) is really important, but the student "most of the time" don't learn in university it should. I'm talking about my experience and place (from Brazil). There are guys that really like, so, they will learn easy, independent of teacher, but in general, the student "wait" for teacher and the teacher "teach" the minimum or necessary ... "

Ps. Don't misunderstand my point of view, there are excellent teachers in our country and out from Brazil too, but, the interesting is mainly of student, so, if the student wait for basic, will receive the basic.

Sorry for my english, I'm learn too ;)

Cheers
Waldirio

--