RE: More Ammo Against Dynamic SQL?

From: Mark W. Farnham <mwf_at_rsiz.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 16:49:36 -0500

Toons and Richard gave you some very nice ones.

To those I would add the ability, in the event that your application includes access over a wide area, to encode (and document of course) your packages, procedures, and functions with short names so that instead of transmitting many Ks of sqlcode, your calls across whatever network you're across are a few characters for the package name, a few characters for the procedure or function name, plus the required inbound parameters and any results that are retrived. You'd be surprised.

mwf