RAC, clusterware, OCRs and voting disks.....

From: Bobak, Mark <Mark.Bobak_at_proquest.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 17:13:42 -0500

Hi all,

I have a three-node RAC cluster, with CRS and ASM at version 11.1.0.6.

I was attempting to move the OCR and the voting disk, and also add two additional voting disks to the one that already existed.

Rather than trying to reconstruct all the steps that got me where I am (a totally munged clusterware installation), let me just say this:

  • Clusterware is broke, busted, out of order, not working
  • I have a copy (dd from raw device to a file) of the vote disk from before I began messing w/ stuff
  • I have a copy of OCR (auto backup done by Oracle)

Can someone help me out here? Assuming my current installation is munged, and I do have the backups mentioned above, how can I restore my clusterware to operating condition?

Thanks!

-Mark

PS Trying to search MOS, but that's proving to be, ahem, challenging at the moment....sigh.....

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Thu Nov 12 2009 - 16:13:42 CST

Original text of this message