Re: 11gR1 on MacOSX

From: Dba DBA <oracledbaquestions_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 10:20:50 -0400

I think oracle stopped developing the database on Macintosh. I have a mac laptop. Apple does not document how to code on its OS so it goes out of its way to make it hard for developers to make applications. There is a good google video about the vmware team and how hard it was to make vmware on the macintosh. Apple is a proprietary software and hardware company. They see mac developers as competitors so they want to produce most of the software for the mac.

I think there was a dispute between Oracle and Apple about something or other and oracle either discontinued developing on the mac or there is some kind of delay.

mac is not as big of a deal as the mac whackos make it out to be.