RE: new metalink takes a while to see my SRs

From: John Hallas <John.Hallas_at_morrisonsplc.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 15:28:56 +0100

On a slightly different note let me share an oddity I had with My Support.

I would have SRs in status 'awaiting customer'. I would update them but they would remain in that state for hours, no matter if I updated them twice or logged in and out several times.

One day the Oracle support manager was on site and I demonstrated the problem. At the same time I stated that I had wondered if it had anything to do with Oracle statisticss on how they handled SRs (more time awaiting customer makes Oracle look good).

Within about 3 days my SRs were being instantly updated to '1st callback' or similar.

I am sure it was just a co-incidence.

John

www.jhdba.wordpress.com

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Dba DBA Sent: 20 October 2009 15:15
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: new metalink takes a while to see my SRs

I have not monitored this list much lately. I saw a post from last week about issues with flash. Anyone else find that it takes 2-5 minutes for your SRs to come up? I do a search by my name.

This is really annoying. Every time I go into an SR and come back out I have to wait for the search. I noticed that Oracle does not yet support IE v8. I don't see how this could be the problem since it is a search.

Wm Morrison Supermarkets Plc is registered in England with number 358949. The registered office of the company is situated at Gain Lane, Bradford, West Yorkshire BD3 7DL. This email and any attachments are intended for the addressee(s) only and may be confidential.

If you are not the intended recipient, please inform the sender by replying to the email that you have received in error and then destroy the email. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not use, disclose, copy or rely on the email or its attachments in any way.

Wm Morrison Supermarkets PLC accepts no liability or responsibility for anything said in the email or its attachments and gives no warranty as to accuracy. It is the policy of Wm Morrison Supermarkets PLC not to enter into any contractual or other obligations by email.

Although we have taken steps to ensure the email and its attachments are virus-free, we cannot guarantee this or accept any responsibility, and it is the responsibility of recipients to carry out their own virus checks.