Re: Disallow access to column of a table

From: Robert Freeman <>
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2009 13:14:12 -0700 (PDT)

Version of the database? VPD in 10g offers column level application of the security policy. So you can have a specific policy apply to specific columns that you want to restrict. This is in my Oracle Database 10g New Features book. Tim Hall also addresses this at this URL:

 Robert G. Freeman
Oracle ACE
I do training on-site at your company! Ask me about my special rates! Author:
Oracle Database 11g RMAN Backup and Recovery (Oracle Press) - ON IT'S WAY SOON! OCP: Oracle Database 11g Administrator Certified Professional Study Guide (Sybex) Oracle Database 11g New Features (Oracle Press) Portable DBA: Oracle (Oracle Press)
Oracle Database 10g New Features (Oracle Press) Oracle9i RMAN Backup and Recovery (Oracle Press) Oracle9i New Features (Oracle Press)
Other various titles out of print now... Blog: The LDS Church is looking for DBA's. You do have to be a Church member in good standing. A lot of kind people write me, concerned I may be breaking the law by saying you have to be a Church member. It's legal I promise! :-)