Re: Disallow access to column of a table

From: chet justice <>
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2009 17:14:09 -0400

I concur with the others.

At my previous gig (11gR1), we used column level access control that was...controlled by a given role. The column in question was a SSN and worked like a charm. Implementation was fairly easy, but beware of the applications that may need the SSN for various logic. We found that we were using the last 4 digits to (aid) do customer lookups. Just a little gotcha that was taken care of relatively quickly, just something to be aware of.

chet justice