RE: Install Oracle XE with character set WE8ISO8859P1

From: Bobak, Mark <>
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2009 09:50:09 -0400

Is there some reason AL32UTF8 won't work for you?

If your clients all use WE8ISO8859P1, just set NLS_LANG accordingly.

And, in the future, if you want to support languages outside the scope of WE8ISO8859P1, it won't be a problem.

From: [] On Behalf Of Eriovaldo Andrietta Sent: Thursday, October 01, 2009 9:03 AM To:
Subject: Install Oracle XE with character set WE8ISO8859P1

Hi friends,

  I installed Oracle XE and the tool did not show the screen for changing the character set.   It installed automatically as below.

I need to install with WE8ISO8859P1.

What need I do in order the tool shows to me the screen where I can choose the WE8ISO8859P1 ?