RE: TSM TDPO Multiple Sessions

From: D'Hooge Freek <Freek.DHooge_at_uptime.be>
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2009 11:40:31 +0200

Hi,

I think this is actually normal. Netbackup does the same thing. If you backup directly to tape with NB, each backuppiece is then also a separate backup job.

regards,

Freek D'Hooge
Uptime
Oracle Database Administrator
e-mail: freek.dhooge_at_uptime.be
tel. +32 (0)3 451 23 82
http://www.uptime.be
disclaimer

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Vishal Gupta [vishal_at_vishalgupta.com] Sent: 30 September 2009 22:36
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: TSM TDPO Multiple Sessions

Hi,

We use RMAN to backup database to disk. And then use TSM TDP to backup RMAN backupsets from disk to TSM. Trouble is for each backup piece TDP is creating separate session to TSM.

Has anyone else encountered this issue. There is obviously some over head in creating and releasing session to TSM for backup each RMAN backupset. I raised this issue with our TSM administrator, who in turn raised it with IBM. But IBM has not provided any sensible explanation for this.

Regards,
Vishal Gupta--
http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Thu Oct 01 2009 - 04:40:31 CDT

Original text of this message