Re: Analytic SQL Book?

From: chet justice <>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 16:27:49 -0400

The best in terms of documentation is the Data Warehouse Guide:

Other than that, a little practice on small sets of data will do you quite a bit of good. Also, if you think of analytics as a GROUP BY within a subset of your result set, it helps out a bit. The PARTITION BY is effecctively a GROUP BY clause.

Playing around with it, especially ROW_NUMBER and RANK with small sets will do far more than any book can give my opinion anyway.