Re: How can I identify the database

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 09:09:55 -0700

Thanks for sharing your solution.
I would like to take the opportunity that the code presented will ignore all errors that are not ORA-00439.

This may not be what you want or intended. Here's an example of the code modified to raise errors other than ora-439.

There may be other optimizations available to you, but it is difficult to make other recommendations without being familiar with how the code is used in the installer.

DECLARE
  v_success BOOLEAN;
  e_bitmap_not_enabled exception;
  pragma exception_init (e_bitmap_not_enabled, -439); BEGIN
  v_success := TRUE;
  BEGIN
    EXECUTE IMMEDIATE 'CREATE BITMAP INDEX idx_f1 ON PODEAPAGAR(COLUNA1) TABLESPACE tbsind';
  EXCEPTION
    WHEN e_bitmap_not_enabled THEN

        v_success := FALSE;
        DBMS_OUTPUT.PUT_LINE(SQLERRM);
        DBMS_OUTPUT.PUT_LINE('Resource not available');
      END IF;

    WHEN OTHERS THEN RAISE;
  END;
  IF NOT v_success THEN
    EXECUTE IMMEDIATE 'CREATE INDEX idx_lot_f1 ON PODEAPAGAR(COLUNA1) TABLESPACE tbsind';
  ELSE
    DBMS_OUTPUT.PUT_LINE('BITMAP index successfuly created');   END IF;
END; Jared Still
Certifiable Oracle DBA and Part Time Perl Evangelist Oracle Blog: http://jkstill.blogspot.com Home Page: http://jaredstill.com

On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 11:48 AM, Eriovaldo Andrietta <ecandrietta_at_gmail.com