packages becoming invalid at random

From: Lyall Barbour <>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 09:56:42 -0500

so, we are doing a large Banner (SunGard's front-end application like Oracle Apps, but specific toward higher education) upgrade.  We've got it done on Development Oracle and Test databases.  We've seen weird things going on with the packages in Test going invalid, with what seems like at random.  Can anyone do a brief list of why packages, procedures, etc will go invalid? like dropping synonyms, or altering tables?  or point me to a doc on that kind of thing? And then, since this is happening with what seems like at random, if anyone has any info about how to turn on auditing for ALTER PACKAGE or DROP TABLE, etc...  we have auditing on and it shows when users are altered, but i don't know much more about auditing. Thanks everyone,Lyall

An Excellent Credit Score is 750
See Yours in Just 2 Easy Steps!