Re: Best practice for Dataguard in 10g?

From: Ahbaid Gaffoor <ahbaid_at_att.net>
Date: Wed, 02 Sep 2009 08:22:31 -0700

Are you planning on using Fast Start Failover?

If you are then I'd recommend not doing this unless you were on 10.2.0.4 with all patches applied for FSFO

Some of the bugs do not show up unless your redo generation rate is high, high being around 2M of redo per second, or 200G in 24 hrs

If you can go to 11g then you can also investigate dataguard compression, and some of the more configurable failover options

I have not seen any issues specifically due to using LGWR vs. ARC for shipping, using LGWR puts you in better shape (IMO) for setting up FSFO should you need it.

regards

Ahbaid