RE: MV refresh

From: Allen, Brandon <Brandon.Allen_at_OneNeck.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 13:58:36 -0700

Not positive off the top of my head, but I think it's possible for that to happen if you don't use the atomic refresh setting because then it does a truncate first, which is a DDL transaction, followed by the inserts, however if you use the atomic refresh, then it will keep the whole refresh together as a single transaction, which means it uses DELETE instead of TRUNCATE, so it's slower and generates significantly more redo. If I recall correctly there was also a change related to this functionality between 9i and 10g, but I forget the details - just search for atomic refresh on Metalink and I'm sure you'll find it. Regarding capturing the error message, just redirect the output of your refresh script to a log file and then run a check on that log file to see if there are errors or not.

Regards,
Brandon