Re: data move concept

From: chet justice <>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 22:35:44 -0400

You don't even need Transparent Gateway, you can just use Heterogenous Services. Here's a link on AskTom as well:

I used it to connect to DB2.

Also, you might look into DBMS_ERRLOG,, as they will allow you to do set operations without having to worry about potential errors (datatype conversion?).

It's fairly easy to roll your own PL/SQL solution, just a simple (hah!) INSERT INTO SELECT * FROM remote_table_at_db_link;

On Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 3:03 PM, Goulet, Richard <
> wrote:

> Brian,
> Database links have been around for a long time and are reliable and
> dependable for connecting to other Oracle databases. As for Sql*Server try
> to get your hands on a copy of Oracle's transparent gateway for Sql*Server.
> It's easy top set up and if memory works right not that expensive. Then
> just write your scripts & your off.
> *Dick Goulet***
> Senior Oracle DBA
> PAREXEL International