Re: killing oracle processes

From: William Robertson <william_at_williamrobertson.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 23:45:17 +0100

--* Function:    Kill sessions based on user-permissions-table
"kill_session_permissions"       *
--*        Procedure has to be installed under user SYS                                   *

Really? Better to create it in an account that had ALTER SYSTEM privilege. Don't create stuff in SYS or SYSTEM!

In dev/test it may well be OK for the procedure just to check that the requester and the target session share the same OS username or Oracle username, and perhaps that the target is a foreground user session and not PMON or something. In production I'm not sure it should be allowed at all, and the resource limit idea sounds like a better approach.

William Robertson