RE: dataguard issue

From: Ric Van Dyke <>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 11:21:35 -0500

This could just be that the apply service isn't running. This is the chapter in the DG docs that covers the apply services. .htm

This will start the apply service on the physical standby:

ALTER DATABASE RECOVER MANAGED STANDBY DATABASE;   What happens when you run this command?

Ric Van Dyke

Hotsos Enterprises

Hotsos Symposium

March 7 - 11, 2010

Be there.

[] On Behalf Of ed lewis Sent: Thursday, August 13, 2009 12:11 PM To:
Subject: dataguard issue

    I've just set up Oracle dataguard between 2 rac clusters,

and created a primary / physical standby between the 2.

    The archive logs are not being applied on the physical

    The logs are being transported from the primary to the

physical with no problems. I can see the logs on the standby,

but they are not being applied. There are no errors in the logs.

I searched metalink, but was unable to find a solution.

    Any suggestions would be appreciated. thanks

solaris 5.10

oracle ee

asm ee

2 member rac cluster ee