RE: dataguard issue

From: Ric Van Dyke <ric.van.dyke_at_hotsos.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 11:21:35 -0500

This could just be that the apply service isn't running. This is the chapter in the DG docs that covers the apply services.

http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/server.102/b14239/log_apply .htm

This will start the apply service on the physical standby:

ALTER DATABASE RECOVER MANAGED STANDBY DATABASE;   What happens when you run this command?

Ric Van Dyke

Hotsos Enterprises

Hotsos Symposium

March 7 - 11, 2010

Be there.

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of ed lewis Sent: Thursday, August 13, 2009 12:11 PM To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: dataguard issue

Hi,

    I've just set up Oracle dataguard between 2 rac clusters,

and created a primary / physical standby between the 2.

    The archive logs are not being applied on the physical

    The logs are being transported from the primary to the

physical with no problems. I can see the logs on the standby,

but they are not being applied. There are no errors in the logs.

I searched metalink, but was unable to find a solution.

    Any suggestions would be appreciated. thanks

        ed

solaris 5.10

oracle 10.2.0.4 ee

asm 10.2.0.4 ee