Re: 10g RAC and db_multi_block_read_count

From: Andrew Kerber <andrew.kerber_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2009 09:45:07 -0500

This is pure speculation, but perhaps when the particular table has a significant amount of data in the remote cache.

A local query is run requiring a full table scan (thus, dbfmbrc is an issue), a smaller block size will result in less data coming across the interconnect from the remote cache, thus reducing the waits.

On Thu, Aug 6, 2009 at 9:35 AM, Crisler, Jon <Jon.Crisler_at_usi.com> wrote:

> I saw a blog for a similar RAC GCR issue related to large
> multi-block-read-counts- it was long on the workaround but short on the
> symptoms so I did not use it as a definitive resource. I will try to
> find more info.

Andrew W. Kerber