RMAN restore database preview vs actual restore

From: Jeffery Thomas <jeffthomas24_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2009 15:43:09 -0400

I'm testing a D/R situation, specifically a Netbackup redirected client restore, source being a RAC two-node instance; restoring to a single-instance.

After restoring the spfile, restarting the instance, restoring the control file, and startup mount; I issue a "restore database preview" to validate that I have
all backupsets necessary to perform an incomplete recovery.

RMAN correctly lists all backupsets for the last complete backup, 580 through 584.

However, when I attempt to actually perform the recovery, RMAN starts at backupset 574, which is no longer available. So my general question would be, why
would there be a discrepancy? 580-584 is the last complete backup and is available, why would RMAN try and go to an earlier backup, contrary to the
results of the preview?