Re: ok this sounds crazy BUT, is it a bug

From: <TESTAJ3_at_nationwide.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2009 12:22:51 -0400

Well i forced enough log switches to have gone thru all of the redo logs, and that forced it across, I'm thinking that even though I asked to redo log delay, its really falling back to archive logs apply, time to go and dig in the DRC*.logs.

thanks, joe

Joe Testa, Oracle Certified Professional (Work) 614-677-1668
(Cell) 614-312-6715

Interested in helping out your marriage? Ask me about "Weekend to Remember"
Dec 11-13, 2009 here in Columbus.

From:
Martin Klier <usn_at_usn-it.de>
To:
TESTAJ3_at_nationwide.com
Cc:
oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Date:
08/04/2009 12:12 PM
Re: ok this sounds crazy BUT, is it a bug

Hi,

I have always been under the impression, that the delay should be configured on the STANDBY side only, to make sure that all archives are on the other side, just in case the primary location burns down.

Maybe this solves this issue as well?

Reagrds
Martin

--
Usn's IT Blog for Linux, Oracle, Asterisk
http://www.usn-it.de