Re: How to log attempts to connect as a locked user account

From: Martin Klier <usn_at_usn-it.de>
Date: Tue, 04 Aug 2009 09:33:15 +0200

Hi alltogether,

chet justice schrieb:
> Since you are just de-commissioning these databases, why go through the
> auditing process at all. Just set up a trigger and have it send you an
> email everytime someone tries to connect. Might be easier than going in
> randomly to query the audit trail.
>
> I tried to do something similar here:
> http://www.oraclenerd.com/2009/02/audit-failed-logon-attempts.html

That was nearly exactly what I did need, but I had to do it for a 9i database. There's no utl_mail available, but utl_smtp does its job very well, just few lines more to type. :)

That's what I have done in detail:
http://www.usn-it.de/index.php/2009/08/04/oracle-audit-a-failed-logon-attempt-without-auditing/

Thanks to all of you, folks!

Regards,
Martin Klier

--
Usn's IT Blog for Linux, Oracle, Asterisk
http://www.usn-it.de