Re: 11g RAC parallel queries

From: hrishy <>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 05:48:58 +0000 (GMT)

Hi Greg
Thanks for the explanation I appreciate very much

From: Greg Rahn <> Subject: Re: 11g RAC parallel queries
Date: Wednesday, 15 July, 2009, 6:32 AM

11g services do replace the instance_groups/parallel_instance_group parameters.  You define which nodes the service runs on, and which instances it includes.

So yes, you can define a 1 node, 1 instance service to limit PX to that node.

For example:

On Tue, Jul 14, 2009 at 10:10 PM, hrishy<> wrote:
> Hi
> I came across a statement from a fellow DBA saying parallel queries now run
> acording to service placement does this mean that if i have a services
> called dw on node 1 only that parallel queries qould not spawn on other
> nodes ?
> regards
> Hrishy

Greg Rahn