Re: ORA-12549: TNS:operating system resource quota exceeded

From: Tony van Lingen <tony_vanlingen_at_technologyonecorp.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 15:37:03 +1000

 From the error description my first thought was that this error is on a client and might have come from the db server, via TNS. I think there could be an error stack in the alert file of the database, but I don't believe that the TNS client would display more than the single TNS error. I may be wrong though. There may also be more info in $ORACLE_HOME/net/log/listener.log on the server and sqlnet.log (somewhere) on the client.

We put our Solaris 10 kernel variables still in /etc/system. For what it's worth, this is an example of settings set for one of our oracle 10R2 instances on Solaris 10:

  • Kernel settings for Oracle set shmsys:shminfo_shmmax=4294967295 set shmsys:shminfo_shmmin=1 set shmsys:shminfo_shmmni=1024 set shmsys:shminfo_shmseg=1024 * set semsys:seminfo_semmap=1026 set semsys:seminfo_semmni=1024 set semsys:seminfo_semmns=16384 set semsys:seminfo_semmnu=2048 set semsys:seminfo_semmsl=300 set semsys:seminfo_semopm=200 set semsys:seminfo_semume=256 set semsys:seminfo_semvmx=32767 * set msgsys:msginfo_msgmap=512 set msgsys:msginfo_msgmax=8192 set msgsys:msginfo_msgmnb=65536 set msgsys:msginfo_msgmni=256 set msgsys:msginfo_msgssz=16 set msgsys:msginfo_msgtql=512 set msgsys:msginfo_msgseg=8192 * set noexec_user_stack=1 *
  • end snippet

Cheers,
Tony