RE: Flash-only MetaLink :-(

From: Herring Dave - dherri <Dave.Herring_at_acxiom.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 13:49:11 -0500

To #2 below, cut-paste does work in Flash, but you need different keys. To paste, use "ctrl-v" instead of "ctrl-insert".

David C. Herring  | DBA, Acxiom Database Services

630-944-4762 office | 630-430-5988 cell | 630-944-4989 fax 1501 Opus Pl | Downers Grove, IL, 60515 | U.S.A. | www.acxiom.com

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Jared Still Sent: Friday, July 10, 2009 10:57 AM
To: vandreev_at_gmail.com
Cc: Oracle-L Group
Subject: Re: Flash-only MetaLink :-(

I spent a fair amount of time a few months ago using MOS, coming to the conclusion I didn't really like it.

As I pondered this, I recalled a couple more things that just seemed to get in the way.

  1. search on a page via the browser no longer works. This is limited to the flash pages. I believe it still worked when reading a document.
  2. Also in Flash, cut and paste no longer work from the keyboard.

Jared Still

On Thu, Jul 9, 2009 at 6:42 AM, Vladimir Andreev <vandreev_at_gmail.com> wrote: List,

Apologies for the rant, but am I the only one with a problem caused by MetaLink's "retirement"?

It turns out My Oracle Support is not supported on (for example) HP-UX B.11.11 (no Flash 9 for HP-UX), and that's what I have to use at work. A strange decision by Oracle, to say the least. What's next - Knowledge Base notes will only be available in Word format, maybe?

Regards,
Flado

The information contained in this communication is confidential, is intended only for the use of the recipient named above, and may be legally privileged.

If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.

If you have received this communication in error, please resend this communication to the sender and delete the original message or any copy of it from your computer system.

Thank You.