RE: Flash-only MetaLink :-(

From: Mark W. Farnham <mwf_at_rsiz.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2009 10:25:45 -0400

Your time lost and trouble encountered are as well defined by flash only metalink (also called my oracle support, as in I wish it weren't mine) as they are by the advertising and marketing scrolls in oxymoronically named Universal Installer.

Do some people find value in the pizzazz? I don't have any evidence that they do, but I suppose someone might like it, and it does sometimes make it hard to discern whether you are waiting for an slow retrieval response or for some picture to paint.

Call me a luddite, but I want MY Oracle Support to focus on being easy to navigate and quick with responses. Now I don't really have a technical problem letting hackable flash onto my machines. I'm just disappointed I have to open yet another area of mandatory patch updates through the firewall. (I don't like active-x either, are you surprised?)

But in your case, and I'm sure many others, there is an actual impediment to using support. That is not a rant, that is a troubling fact.

mwf