Re: Maximum export file size

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2009 11:04:51 +0100

What exactly do you mean by wordsize here. I'm most familiar with win32 and linux 32bit and on both of those operating systems there is on 2gb limit on dumpfile size. I believe that instead the limit is determined by the file system (not os) in use. On old unix systems files were generally restricted to 2 or 4 gb but it hasn't been like that for sometime now.

On 6/8/09, Hans Wijte <hans.wijte_at_nl.ibm.com> wrote:
> 31
> Max file size depends on the wordsize of the OS ; a wordsize of 32 bits
> gives you a maximum file size of 2 Gb (is 2 - 1)
>

> Hans

> P Think before you print !
>

> Nizar Ahmed <gnahmed.c_at_stc.com.sa>
> Sent by: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
> 08-06-2009 11:22
> Please respond to
> gnahmed.c_at_stc.com.sa

> "oracle-l_at_freelists.org" <oracle-l_at_freelists.org>
> cc
>
> Subject
> Maximum export file size
>

> Version 10.2.0.4 on Solaris 5.10
>
> What can be maximum file size of an export file? Are there any
> limitations.
>
> Thanks
>
> G. Nizar A. Baig
>
> This email may contains confidential material, any unauthorized usage is
> strictly prohibited and may lead into Legal accountability. If it is
> received by mistake, it should be deleted and the sender should be
> notified immediately.
> هذه الرساله قد تحتوي على معلومات سريه لذا فإن أي استخدام لأي من محتوياتها
> بشكل غير نظامي يعتبر أمراً مخالفاً وقد يؤدي إلى المسائلة القانونية، وفي
> حال استلام البريد الالكتروني بشكل خاطئ فإنه يجب حذفه وإبلاغ المرسل بشكل
> مباشر
>

> Tenzij hierboven anders aangegeven: / Unless stated otherwise above:
> IBM Nederland B.V.
> Gevestigd te Amsterdam
> Inschrijving Handelsregister Amsterdam Nr. 33054214

Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA
http://www.orawin.info