RE: Multiple (SYSADM) Schemas in a Peoplesoft Database

From: David Kurtz <info_at_go-faster.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 17:14:07 +0100

It is supported, but it is not recommended by PeopleSoft/Oracle.

There are a number of drawbacks including and not limited to:
* You have to back and restore the databases together. The only to backup
and restore one of several PeopleSoft databases in the same Oracle database would be via export/import.
* If the database goes down, then all the PeopleSoft systems become
unavailable.
* If all the databases are in the same database server then the same
database parameters apply to all. You cannot control them separately.

In the end there is very little saving to be made, and it is at the price of considerable complication and loss of flexibility. I simply would not do it.

The only possible exception is if you have Portal and just one product (such as HR) then you might put them together because they are so tightly bound.

regards

David Kurtz
Go-Faster Consultancy Ltd.
tel: +44 (0)7771 760660