Re: Multiple (SYSADM) Schemas in a Peoplesoft Database

From: <Mayen.Shah_at_lazard.com>
Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 11:09:29 -0400

Hemant,

Below is the response from our PSoft admin.

HTH Mayen

  • Forwarded by Mayen Shah/ITS/Lazard on 05/20/2009 11:06 AM -----

Al Kannayiram/ITS/Lazard
May 20 2009 10:55 AM

Mayen Shah/ITS/Lazard_at_Lazard NYC
cc

Subject
Re: Fw: Multiple (SYSADM) Schemas in a Peoplesoft Database

Mayen,

It's possible.

You can have any number of PeopleSoft schema in one Oracle database. You also have to create a unique service name for each schema. The number of rows in PS.PSDBOWNER controls the number of schemas. In most case, there is only one row in this table.

Thanks,
Al

Mayen Shah/ITS/Lazard
May 20 2009 10:18 AM

Al Kannayiram/ITS/Lazard_at_Lazard NYC, cc

Subject
Fw: Multiple (SYSADM) Schemas in a Peoplesoft Database

Is it possible?

Thanks
Mayen

"Hemant K Chitale" <hkchital_at_singnet.com.sg> Sent by: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org May 20 2009 10:12 AM
Please respond to
hkchital_at_singnet.com.sg

oracle-l_at_freelists.org
cc

Subject
Multiple (SYSADM) Schemas in a Peoplesoft Database

I believe that Peoplesoft does allow multiple schemas (the default is SYSADM, so the multiples could be SYSADM_1, SYSADM_2 etc) in a single Oracle Database.
This could support seperate business units in one Oracle instance.

Has anyone implemented this in Production ? Particularly for Financials modules -- (GL, Payables, Assets)

(Currently, we do have multiple BUs in the single SYSADM schema but I am asked to explore two options :
a. Seperate Database Instances
b. Seperate schemas in one Database Instance )

Hemant K Chitale

http://hemantoracledba.blogspot.com

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Wed May 20 2009 - 10:09:29 CDT

Original text of this message