Re: How to determine sessions with invalid package states

From: Rumpi Gravenstein <rgravens_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 7 May 2009 10:35:34 -0400

I received a couple of responses on this -- the responses were around looking at locks. That will not help. I'm attempting to find packages that have invalid session state. The scenario is like so

Session one calls package TEST that creates session state A

Session two recompiles package TEST. If session one had a lock, this would not be possible. At this point session one's package state is invalid.

Session one calls package TEST and receives something along the lines of: ORA-*04068: existing state of packagesstringstringstring has been discarded *

--
Rumpi Gravenstein