Table changes

From: Kumar Madduri <ksmadduri_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 13:48:25 -0700

Hi
There are two tables in two databases. If change is made on the source table in database 1, then I should be able to pick up the change in the destination table on database 2 and run my program which is based on the changes made to this table.
For example, I can have a table with these values in T1 on database d1

name department salary

kumar      10             123
scott        20             456

and T2 on database d2 has

name department salary

kumar    30          123
scott     20          456

So only Kumar's record should be picked up on the destination as a list of records to be processed. Bascially the changed records need to be picked up and some data processing is done.

Things that I think would achieve this are

1. Streams
2. Materialized views
3. Trigger on source and populating a staging table.

Is there any other way that can be used?

Thank you
- Kumar