Re: Logical Standby from RAC to single instance

From: Niall Litchfield <>
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 08:03:08 +0100

Hi the requirement is that oracle can uniquely identify every row, so pretty much you need a pk or unique constraint. It *may* be that a unique index would do, but i don't believe that is permitted. There should be an maa paper on single instance physical standby for a rac primary which should be your starting point for the build process - since you convert a physical to a logical to build the logical.

On 4/21/09, dd yakkali <> wrote:
> hello everyone,
> I had setup Physical Standby on Oracle 10g earlier but never on a RAC
> environment and not a logical standby
> Here is what I have
> 2 node 10gR2 RAC on solaris 10 using 11g CRS & 11g ASM
> I want to setup a single instance logical standby for the above RAC
> database.
> Here are my questions regarding logical standby.
> 1) Is absolutely needed that every table in the database to have either a PK
> or UK?
> 2) when I use the RMAN to duplicate the target database for standby, in the
> init.ora of the standby do I have to say cluster_database=false
> and once I open the database do I drop second thread and second undo
> tablespace?
> I googled for pointers but could not get a lot of help. There is a MAA paper
> about standby RAC for a Primary RAC.
> Can any one point to a step by step process.
> Any help is appreciated.
> thanks
> deen

Sent from Google Mail for mobile |