Re: Real-life PL/SQL these days ...

From: Martin Busik <>
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 11:15:36 +0200

Hi list,

there are two distinct fields we are speakting about:

  • maintenance of "old" code
  • new projects/developments from scratch

Most of the replies here answered the first point. I suppose, most work occurs here. Which, on the other side, is a plus point for PL/SQL - the life cycle
of PL/SQL code is in my opinion much longer then of e.g. java 1.1 or .net code.

Regarding the second point - new project/developments - the question one should ask
is: Is anybody in your team, who has a good knowledge of PL/SQL in order to decide
what makes sense to be implemented in PL/SQL and what not.

If you have no PL/SQL-expert in your team, you should not wonder when no PL/SQL is used
at all.