Re: FTS, db file sequential read on undo

From: Mathias Magnusson <>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 19:01:05 +0200

Sorry. First reply and didn't watch how the "reply to" was set so it missed the list.

That sounds very strange indeed. Is this a situation you see with any table or with just one? If you do a CTAS on dba_objects and export it, does it too suffer from this effect?

Have you just completed a large update to this table when you run this analyze/export or has the table not had any recent transactions when you run this? Do you suffer the same problem if you run your command twice in a row or is it just the first invocation that shows this effect?