FTS, db file sequential read on undo

From: Vladimir Barac <vbarac_at_Alghanim.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 18:36:12 +0300

Hello, listers

We are facing rather strange situation... When accessing table for analyze or to export table, we are seeing "db file sequential read" wait event. V$session_wait file# is 2, that is - UNDO tablespace. Because of this analyze or export take forever to complete.

Why would analyze or export access UNDO tablespace? There are definitely no transactions at all on the system going on at the time of export/analyze.

Thanks for all insights,
Vladimir Barac
Database administrator | Alghanim Industries P.O. Box 223, Safat 13003, Kuwait
Tel: +965 1881 111 / ext. 2960
[cid:image001.jpg_at_01C9BC66.C212AE20]

This e-mail message and any attachments to it are for the sole use of the intended recipients and may contain confidential and privileged information. This e-mail message and any attachments are the property of Yusuf A. Alghanim & Sons w.l.l. or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates (“Alghanim Industries”). Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or distribution of this e-mail message or its attachments is prohibited. Any opinions expressed in this message are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Alghanim Industries. If you are not an intended recipient, please notify the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message and any attachments.

image001.jpg