RE: ** UNIX qu

From: Matthew Zito <>
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2009 11:15:56 -0400

Well, the first page on a google search for "solaris ulimit stack" has a pile of results. Here's two relevant ones:

The second one even covers installing oracle on solaris 10.

Matthew Zito
Chief Scientist
GridApp Systems
	From: Pradeep Chetal <>
	Date: Friday, April 10, 2009, 3:28 PM

	You can set in /etc/system with your own parameters.most of the times it is the file descriptors and user processes - as shown below

	set rlim_fd_max=16384

	set rlim_fd_cur=8192

	set maxuprc=150

From: [] On Behalf Of A Joshi Sent: Friday, April 10, 2009 3:18 PM To:; Subject: RE: ** UNIX qu Mark, I need to set ulimit stack. I am Sun solaris sunos 5.10 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-15000: I am seeing the values using ulimit -a Thanks --- On Fri, 4/10/09, Mark W. Farnham <> wrote: From: Mark W. Farnham <> Subject: RE: ** UNIX qu To:, Date: Friday, April 10, 2009, 3:06 PM First figure out which ulimit you are seeing. Often there is confusion between the getrlimit call and the builtin ulimit from bash
From: [] On Behalf Of A Joshi Sent: Friday, April 10, 2009 2:55 PM To: Subject: ** UNIX qu Hi, What is a good way to set ulimit stack value at OS/UNIX level permanently. Right now I can set it for a session but I want it set permanently. Thanks for help. When I say ulimit it says unlimited but when I do ulimit -a I see some values that are not unlimited. I think unlimited is also limited by the settings on the server and is not really unlimited. Thanks Pradeep Chetal Sr. Director - Infrastructure Architecture
Mformation Technologies Inc. Switchboard: +1 732 692 6200 Visit WWW.MFORMATION.COM and see how the MFORMATION SERVICE MANAGER can help you to transform your business Please consider the environment before printing --