Re: Nologging clause

From: Vishal Gupta <vishal_at_vishalgupta.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2009 06:01:13 +0100

Please keep in mind that of ig database is running in archivelog mode. Then any no logging operation puts those objects at risk until next full or inremental backup. In case of database failure, if previous backups of file are restored since there will not be any archivelogs for your no logging changes. It will result in corruption of affected data blocks. And your only chances of recovering would be to drop the table. Or in case of indexes, they would need to be rebuilt.

Cheers,
Vishal Gupta