Re: ORA-12154 and standby - SOLVED

From: <genegurevich_at_discover.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 11:10:05 -0500

Hello all:

It looks like the issue was that my primary database was using a different tnsnames.ora file (located in $ORACLE_HOME/network/admin) to connect to the standby. I however only added the standby datbases to the $TNS_ADMIN/tnsnames.ora file. After I have added them to the other tnsnames.ora file everything fell into place.

Thank you again to all who replied to my posts here

thank you

Gene Gurevich

             <genegurevich_at_dis
             cover.com>
             oracle-l-bounce_at_f         oracle-l_at_freelists.org
             reelists.org                                               cc

                                                                   Subject
             03/18/2009 11:03          ORA-12154 and standby
             AM

             Please respond to
             genegurevich_at_disc
                 over.com

Hello:

I have set up a standby database under oracle 10.2.0.1 and everything looked great except for a minor detail - the archived logfiles do not get copied to the standby server. When I look at the v$archive_dest view I see

      ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve the connect identifier specified 03-18-2009 10:47:32 pcrp01d
for dest_ID which correspond to my standby.

I have checked the tnsnames.ora on the primary side and it looks OK. tnsping finds the standby; I can
ping the host. I have tried bouncing the listener on the standby side; bouncind the standby DB itself
as well as primary db, but this error keep reapearring after 5 min pause. If tnsnames.ora is OK, what
else could be the issue?

thank you

Gene Gurevich

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Tue Mar 24 2009 - 11:10:05 CDT