RE: Egenera

From: Baumgartel, Paul <paul.baumgartel_at_credit-suisse.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 15:15:13 -0400

We have had a few years of experience with Egenera blade systems and are in the process of getting rid of them due to many, many problems. I don't want to go into detail as I'm wary of violating non-disclosure policies, but I'd be extremely disinclined to go down that road.

Paul Baumgartel
CREDIT SUISSE
Information Technology
Prime Services Databases Americas
One Madison Avenue
New York, NY 10010
USA
Phone 212.538.1143
paul.baumgartel_at_credit-suisse.com
www.credit-suisse.com

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Shaw, John Sent: Friday, March 20, 2009 10:17 AM
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: Egenera

Our CIO wants to go with a new blade server vendor - Egenera. Anybody out there currently using them? I have, like most of you, SLA's that I don't want to entrust to something unproven.

(i) This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the intended recipient(s). If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete this e-mail and any associated files from your system. (ii) Views or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Corrections Corporation of America. (iii) The recipient should check this e-mail and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The company accepts no liability for errors or omissions caused by e-mail transmission or any damage caused by any virus transmitted by or with this e-mail. This email has been scanned for content and viruses by the CipherTrust Email Security System.