RE: Egenera

From: Baumgartel, Paul <>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 15:15:13 -0400

We have had a few years of experience with Egenera blade systems and are in the process of getting rid of them due to many, many problems. I don't want to go into detail as I'm wary of violating non-disclosure policies, but I'd be extremely disinclined to go down that road.

Paul Baumgartel
Information Technology
Prime Services Databases Americas
One Madison Avenue
New York, NY 10010
Phone 212.538.1143

[] On Behalf Of Shaw, John Sent: Friday, March 20, 2009 10:17 AM
Subject: Egenera

Our CIO wants to go with a new blade server vendor - Egenera. Anybody out there currently using them? I have, like most of you, SLA's that I don't want to entrust to something unproven.

(i) This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the intended recipient(s). If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete this e-mail and any associated files from your system. (ii) Views or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Corrections Corporation of America. (iii) The recipient should check this e-mail and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The company accepts no liability for errors or omissions caused by e-mail transmission or any damage caused by any virus transmitted by or with this e-mail. This email has been scanned for content and viruses by the CipherTrust Email Security System.