Followup question bug 6605620

From: Charles Schultz <sacrophyte_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 08:30:10 -0500

I heard an interesting tale from a support analyst about the bug 6605620. Basically, the "workaround" forces asmtool to just completely ignore the HDIO_GETGEO
ioctl(2) error and "continue". Yet, "continue" in such a way that it does not complete everything a "oracleasm createdisk" would do, like assign the proper privileges to the created disk. This is odd. So why is Oracle taking the stance that this is not a bug? Why is Oracle not willing to address the issue and provide functionality for this situation within asmlib? Is it that too few folks are using EMC Powerpath to make a fuss? Perhaps that is true, and is definitely a valid question of justification if. But not knowing either way makes it a little... less comfortable for those of us who pay money to support to answer and address these kinds of questions. *grin*

--
Charles Schultz
Sent from: Champaign Illinois United States.