Re: How do folks do quick Oracle installation - Oracle 10gR2

From: Guillermo Alan Bort <cicciuxdba_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 19:39:52 -0300

well, I have a few response files handy and have written a small shell script (that because of a NDA I can't publish) that goes to a pre-defined directory and applies all the one-off patches in that directory (I just have them gzipped, and the shell gunzips, installs and gzips again) This shell took me all of twenty minutes to write, so I reckon that anyone should be able to do it. The main issue, though, is the response files for OUI (basically I have one for basic install, one for patchset and custom scripts for network and database configuration) Mind you, this is a a highly standardized environment, so this is rather easy.

hth
Alan Bort
Oracle Certified Professional