RE: How do folks do quick Oracle installation - Oracle 10gR2

From: Pradeep Chetal <Pradeep.Chetal_at_mformation.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 11:24:57 -0400

This sounds pretty good.

Thanks for the ideas.

  • Pradeep

From: Johnson, George [mailto:George.Johnson_at_gam.com] Sent: Wednesday, March 18, 2009 10:59 AM To: Pradeep Chetal; oracle-l_at_freelists.org Subject: RE: How do folks do quick Oracle installation - Oracle 10gR2

    We use cloning. We have a server with all the major revisions or 9 and 10, pre-patched with critical workarounds, all tar'd. We copy over the tar file, unpack and clone in. We can have an RDBMS install done in about 5 mins any given server in the network. Intermediate patches can be rolled into a "cloner", then the cloner can be rolled out, if required on multiple servers.

    Cloning also ensures that people don't mess up the local server Oracle inventories, a major pet peeve of my OEM installations!

    Rgds

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Pradeep Chetal Sent: 18 March 2009 14:17
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: How do folks do quick Oracle installation - Oracle 10gR2

We are on Oracle 10gr2 10.2.0.4 with few patches and sometimes we have to install these on multiple machines.

What do folks use for quick Oracle installation? Is it runInstaller with multiple steps of upgrades and patches *or* is there a faster way?

Thanks,

  • Pradeep

Pradeep Chetal
Sr. Director - Infrastructure Architecture

Mformation Technologies Inc.
Switchboard: +1 732 692 6200

Visit WWW.MFORMATION.COM and see how the MFORMATION SERVICE MANAGER can help you to transform your business

Visit WWW.MFORMATION.COM and see how the MFORMATION SERVICE MANAGER can help you to transform your business