Import speed falls off at 2million rows

From: David Cheyne <david.cheyne_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 14:47:59 +0000

Hi list!

I'm trying to import a table with about 8 million rows in to oracle 9.2.0.6 EE on solaris 10.

The import starts as you would expect but seems to hit a wall at about 2 million rows and the rows seem to trickle in after that point. I've tried exporting the data again, expanding the datafiles before hand, increasing redo log size. The only different thing about this table is that it contains 2 columns of an XML type which will be populated. Archiving is switched off and no users or developers are logged in.

Any ideas?

David Cheyne
B.A.(hons)

Oracle DBA

Odd spacing and typos courtesy of my iPhone