Re: Can you create a database link back to same database instance?

From: Romeo Ybanez <raybanez_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 23:40:40 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I have two instances in one box. One instance has a public database link directed towards a schema in the same instance. The other instance also has a public database link directed towards a schema in its own instance. I don't think this is allowed because the solution here is to grant insert, select, update or delete privileges. But I was wondering why one of the instances successfully implements a database link while the other does not.

So my question is: Is it possible to create a public database link pointed to a schema in the same instance where the database link is created? If not, why in the other instance above it works. What could have been the trick?

Thank you.

Romy