Re: Can you create a database link back to same database instance?

From: Hemant K Chitale <>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 22:06:05 +0800

If DB2 and DB2 are in two different ORACLE_HOMEs check the sqlnet.ora files as well (ie, besides the tnsnames.ora files). Also confirm that the tnsnames lookup for the "self" database (DB2) works -- by doing a sqlplus arcdb/arc_db_at_DB2 when in the same ORACLE_HOME as DB2.

Hemant K Chitale

At 06:13 PM Tuesday, Romeo Ybanez wrote:

>I have this application that archives data to a different schema on
>the same instance using database link. This is probably due to the
>fact that in the Production environment it is archived to a
>different instance. Two schemas are using database links to
>connect to themselves. One successfully connects using the same
>service name to itself but the other does not. I am wondering what
>the trick the schema has while the other one can't connect.

Hemant K Chitale