RE: Oracle Performance on Sunfire T2000

From: Matthew Zito <mzito_at_gridapp.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 21:02:14 -0500

We have a couple of t1000s, and while our workload is a little odd (we're an automation company, so all our several hundred databases do is get installed, patched, upgraded, uninstalled, etc.), anything involving data dictionary activities (running catupgd.sql, etc. - high-cpu single threaded activities) is slower on the t1000s than our ancient v210s.

Supposedly the t1000/2000 are perfect for J2EE apps - lots of threads, not a lot of heavy-lifting, parallelization of execution is the most critical piece.

Thanks,
Matt

--

Matthew Zito