Re: Detecting Controlfile Type

From: Stefan Knecht <knecht.stefan_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 10:54:06 +0100

Was that 11g ?

They changed the default behaviour. An 11g database may open read only automatically, and turn on log-apply thereafter if you issue "STARTUP". Kinda naughty by Oracle me thinks, as this functionality requries additional licensing (active data guard option).

Cheers

Stefan

Stefan P Knecht
CEO & Founder
s_at_10046.ch

10046 Consulting GmbH
Schwarzackerstrasse 29
CH-8304 Wallisellen
Switzerland

Phone +41-(0)8400-10046
Cell +41 (0) 79 571 36 27
info_at_10046.ch
http://www.10046.ch

On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 10:43 AM, David Ballester <ballester.david_at_gmail.com