Re: Detecting Controlfile Type

From: David Ballester <>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 10:43:09 +0100

El mar, 10-02-2009 a las 10:24 +0100, Stefan Knecht escribió:
> I believe that feature was introduced with 10g, that Oracle
> automatically detects wether it's a standby controlfile or not, and
> mounts it accordingly after a standard "ALTER DATABASE MOUNT;"
> Cheers
> Stefan

Well who knows if it's a bug, but yesterday due a mistake I executed 'startup' in a standby database ( synchronized via logwriter async ) and the startup process mounted it and opened it (?)

Without executing nothing more, I did shutdown immediate and

startup nomount;
alter database mount standby database;
recover managed standby database disconnect from session;

And was applying archives and redo log syncing happily...